Over the course of the day we received over two feet of snow today. It was a constant downfall and quite the winter wonderland. I had assumed winter days like these to be typical before I moved to VT. This has not been the case and this winter has been exceptionally warm; mid thirties for most of February.
So with a giggle I walked out to dig my car out of the snow. I had no plans to go anywhere because my snow tires are VERY BALD and in no condition for hazardous driving. It's like a boat with no momentum sometimes. So I avoid it as much as I can and living so close to campus it's very easy.
I shoveled and shoveled and shoveled. Once clear, I started the car only to find that I had two factors against me, aside from the snow: I had parked nose in and on a slight decline towards said nose. Even with the snow gone, I had to try many different front/back maneuvers to get enough grip to move. THEN I got stuck in the middle of the parking lot and had to dig myself out all over again.
By the time I'd set my self up with the nose forward and on no such incline, I understood how some folks learn to dread the snow and all of the hassles it puts you through.
Still, it was darn pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment