Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tues Feb 23rd-Time Management

I get a fair amount of work done for being such a procrastinator at times. There are days where it takes every inch of my parent self to motivate my kid self into getting done what needs to get done. Sometimes it helps to just focus on what's in front of me right now, reassuring myself that that is all I have to do.

When I let myself get run down by life's big picture I can barely function, bogged down by unrealistic views of the world and my place/effectiveness in it.

Today I did a great job of getting things done while also enjoying this winter break. Usually I spent my breaks (read unstructured time) eating many pints of ice cream and watching dvds. A day or two of this is divine but an entire week is horrible.

So Sun and Mon were spent in "cave day" mode eating ice cream and watch season three of The Office. Today was a "do or die" situation that would steer the rest of the week depending on what I did.

Although the morning was slow around noon I got going. Total, I got 5 hours of lab work done, went to the gym to run, did a few errands AND watched Buffy the Vampire slayer dvds. I even made a little pizza for dinner, giggling constantly at my success and at how happy I was with such a simple lifestyle: work, food, entertainment, and myself.

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment