Saturday, November 10, 2012

Shadow poem on a day of much open light

Today is a good day.  A Saturday that has never happened before and will never happen again.  In this productive and open-hearted space I found a poem from a darker day.  How grounded and articulate, how solid and seeing I was in my pain.  I love looking back at harder times and seeing how clearly I was taking patient care of myself.

Poem from a Shadow Day-June 17th 2011

My darkness, it enlivens me
My shadows help me see more clearly
as a sky with no moon brings the stars to light

My fear electrifies me
My pain jolts the unfinished in me
pointing out when the ego controls my life's flight

It is not a life of sunshine
that one should hope to seek
but the precious dark without a spark that forces shadows' speak

I take the time to know what's mine
without the blaming of my brother
with no distraction from reaction, who are we to one another?


No comments:

Post a Comment