Sunday, May 22, 2011
A deep spring
I am connected to a deep, cool, quiet spring of love these days. Richly embedded within the intensity of my TEFL certification process is a love that is growing, fossilizing without any forcing or holding back. I am protecting it and holding it close to my heart while watching it with such curiosity, like a new mother watches her first child exploring the world. It seems to be the most natural unfolding ever and I am succeeding at not fixing what is not broken. Instead I make scrambled eggs, listen to recommended Brazilian music, insist on dances in the kitchen and drink coffee in quiet sips between the towering pages of my week long lesson plan. I do not know how this is happening, how all of this is getting done, as if the days have grown an extra 12 hours just to fit in the intense aliveness needed. I do not understand it and so I love it all the more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment