You'd like I'd get used to it, the constant change. It's been a year since I finished my undergrad. I remember I saw myself going to Minnesota for my Masters, then I saw myself staying in Chile, then I saw myself teaching in South Korea and now I am moving back to Chicago. For some reason, I'm still not used to it. There is always new fear that comes spilling out of me, some ethereal nausea of the unknown. But I don't have a choice. When I push against the current of my life there is real nausea, knots of fists in my stomach.
I feel so silly, like a cartoon character forever stuck in a 3 dimensional world, with so many different rules and realities. At the same time, I love it because on the edge there is magic. It's the magic I live for in every new experience. And living with constant change brings me into the present moment where all possibility lies.
I guess I've finally achieved another dream of becoming a super hero. My super power? The gently tending of constant change.
Introducing...THE CHAOS QUEEN!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment