
Just a note I posted on Facebook. It comes from a nostalgic today and is meant for my friends who are 21 and younger:
"I spent the better part of this afternoon going through a large, green chest I've had for easily 15 years. I keep all my nostalgic memories separated in this humble wooden box. I had a great time reading out of 4th-12th grade journals, reading angsty poetry from my 1996 year in Chile, reading the brilliant/maddening intellectual questionings of my very early twenties, going over all my delightful CAMP! memorabilia and, lastly, reading love letters (received and written) that span from 1996 to about 2006. I loved going thru them all and, as every wave of nostalgia slowly worked its way out of my body, I wondered about my younger friends, you adorable orbs of living that probably missed out on letter writing because of this awesome thing called the 'internet'.
So I'm wondering where your memories are. Do you have a 'Memories' folder on your desktop where you store all of your thoughts and the love you've received from others? Do you have any physical chest where you store the good vibes you've received? Do you write actual physical letters or only the electronic type? Do you even care?
I'd love to know. Teach this older lady a thing or two. Personally, I can't imagine not having that box to revisit every year or so to remind me of who I was, who I've loved/who's loved me and then stepping back each time to see who I've become: more at peace with what I see."
Ah- mi Kari. What mother wouldn't be totally proud of having a daughter like you? Verdaderamente tu eres mi mayor fortuna.
ReplyDeleteMom