Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When the creative spark alights...

I wrote three songs yesterday. I haven't written since I was in Chile. It feels amazing, just an effortless flow of words and sounds that strike some pleasure center in my brain. Last night I listened to most of my discography and was touched with how great it is. Songs that I couldn't stand two years ago seem sweet and worthwhile. Taking time and space away from things is so, so important.

In other news, I cried out of joy three, yes, three times today while watching the most recent episode of Glee: "Born This Way". The episode centered around self-acceptance and bullying, something that was rarely addressed in any effective manner when I was in high school. Add to it the fact that it is such a gay positive show, I choked up on how things have changed so much in just 15 years. Of course there is still injustice and cruelty but I can see a positive change; see how the world shifts in good ways (culturally) and not just in environmental apocalyptic ways. Society is so quick to throw out good, having such little patience for the quiet hurrah of most positive success. If only we could harness the world's addiction of worry and fear into a viable energy source, we would be set for generations. But I can see it; I can see good things happening.

Of course there is bad as well. Always both. Where there is good there is bad but where there is bad there is also good.

No comments:

Post a Comment