Although the last day of Karinakah was technically yesterday, I'm stretching it out a bit. This is a benefit of inventing your own holiday; you can do whatever you want with it.
This year I spent the first five days of Karinakah contemplating the five things I'd learned this year: Acceptance, Action, Creation, Enjoyment, and Not Making Problems. The last five were spent ruminating on what I'd like to learn in this year: Putting an end to being something I'm not, effortlessness doesn't have to equal boredom, Beauty, the Body, and the Sacred Heart.
If I had coat of arms it would be the Sacred Heart. I have no clue what it means in the religious context but it resonates with me so much that I love all versions of it. I've always felt like my heart was on fire: its interests both searing and satisfying. It makes me love others and feel an intimate connection almost instantly, thus the vast web of men and women I hold in my heart with affection. Because of this I could be called naive, gullible and innocent even in the face of all my curiosities about vice. More flattering ways I've been described are genuine and authentic. These are nice too.
One person I deeply love is my brother of 29 years and different biological parents. He sent me a postcard today from his home in San Francisco. He and I now have different interests and live different lives as one does being an adult. I occasionally wonder how he sees me these days. We know so little of each other and see each other even less. But in his postcard he phrased it very well: "Thank you for being such a wonderful sister and always reminding me to have fun, love, and hold one another close." Aww...love him.
He hit the nail on the head. I do those things very well with this sacred heart of mine and hope to do them even better this coming year.

No comments:
Post a Comment